Dental Restoration – Help is On the Way
Believe it or not, tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the body – even harder than bone! You might think that should make it almost indestructible, but if it were, there wouldn’t be any need for dentists.
Of course, proper brushing, flossing and periodic cleanings and exams in our office contribute to a healthy smile. But sometimes, even with the best dental care, you can experience tooth decay, cracked and chipped teeth or even missing teeth that affect the way you look and feel about yourself.
Restorative dentistry provides a great solution for those missing, decayed and damaged teeth and can prevent them from affecting adjacent teeth. At Allied Dental Centre – Cockburn, restorations include:
Do your teeth look like this? Do you wish they did? Let’s explore your options together.
- Veneers, very thin ceramic or porcelain covers that are placed on the fronts of teeth to cover and correct gaps, stains or chips.
- A dental implant, which is used to replace a missing tooth. The implant consists of a titanium screw that attaches itself to the jawbone and a crown that is secured to the implant.
- Inlays and Onlays that correct teeth that are too damaged for a filling and not damaged enough to require a crown. An inlay is placed between the cusps (points) on the top of a tooth; an onlay is placed over one or more cusps.
- Crowns or “caps” that fit over existing teeth to replace extensively damaged tooth structures.
- A dental bridge is made up of two crowns on either side of the missing tooth connected to an artificial tooth, called a pontic, in the middle.
- Partial dentures that replace several missing teeth and full dentures that replace all your teeth provide removable replacements that look and feel natural.
- Root Canal Therapy that removes infected nerve pulp tissue from the roots of a tooth below the gum line. If you haven’t had one lately, you’re not aware that there’s far less pain associated with this procedure today.
Restorative dentistry is designed to fix the problem with your teeth, relieve pain and pressure and provide you with a natural fit that replaces one, several or all of your missing teeth. Don’t put off coming in because of fear. Dentistry has changed and we cater to those scared of dentists! Give us a call today.